Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Aunt

A few weeks ago, my Aunt Bea was diagnosed with cancer that has progressed very far. It is now in her brain, lungs, and bones, and they are still checking to see where else. She had been feeling fine until about a month ago when she had an episode that was originally thought to be a mini-stroke. The real problem was quickly discovered when they performed various scans and tests. There is no hope for curing the cancer and she has opted to not receive chemo or other treatments, since they would be giving her extremely harsh doses and it would not give her much time. She has always been, and still is, a very Godly person. She is trusting that she will be called home when He is ready for her. All things considered, she is holding up well. She has lead a long and good life. Please pray for her as she recieves her care. We don't know how long we will have her before she is called home and hope we can find joy in the time we have left with her.

Psalm 31:5 - Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Psalm 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
John 11:26 - And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

No comments: