Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pentecost

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. (Acts 2:1-2)

I always feel a special connection to Pentecost, for the obvious religious reasons, but also because I was born on Penetecost Sunday (almost in church actually). God rising in to heaven and the salvation that it brings is an amazing gift. Knowing how unworthy I am to have received that gift makes me feel even less worthy. We have been given gift after gift after gift and have done nothing to earn it. In fact, at every turn we behave in such a way to prove that we deserve it even less. I hope I can begin to earn some of this love, but know it's never fully possible.

No comments: