Monday, April 7, 2008

Change

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit. (1 Thessalonians 4:7-8)

A holy life! What a wonderful calling, a beautiful way to live. :) I wish I could be so perfect as to say that this was true for me, but only know that I can continue to live and work to become more able in that way. God shows and tells us how to live a pure and perfect life, He has left us the scriptures and guidance, so there is no question about what we do. We all know how to do. My walk is continuous, and I find that it is such a great and beautiful thing! I know I have a lot to learn, but find myself becoming more peaceful, more filled with love and laughter! It is a great thing! One of my recent experiences was at Ash Wednesday services. I had gone up to receive my ashes from the pastor. When he was saying the blessing over me, there was this feeling of such pure peace, love, happiness. I was standing there, receiving this pure love straight from Him. It was great to walk down the street later in the middle of New York, with the cross of the Lord for all to see. It came in waves and I can only begin to hope that I can hold on to that feeling forever, even if I am not blessed with it again. I know God is there!

No comments: