Sunday, April 6, 2008

How to start......

Ok, so this is day one for me. This is a new adventure for me and I'm not sure in which direction I am heading, but hope I can get some neat things going and make some new friends, all while celebrating God and what he has done for us. I grew up Catholic, received all my scraments, went to church, etc, but never felt close to God. I can't say that I am proud of the fact that I could express little from the Bible, but just went through the motions, and even walked away from the church for a while. It was not a good time for me. I was invited by a friend to attend her Lutheran church a few years ago while living in northern Virginia, right outside of DC, and for the first time felt like I was really learning His will for me. I began to feel how learning His word really soothed me, calmed me, how I felt so much more loved. I am hoping to begin to express my feelings in writing, but know that I am far from perfect. As I go along, let me talk to me, write your feelings and reactions, share your opinions. All those things are part of learning and growing as a Christian (and it's so much more worthwhile with friends). To all my friends in Him, have a great week!

No comments: