Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Love

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and will all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. (Mark 12:30)

God's love is great! He provides a great example to live by and expects the same for us. What does the world give us? It gives us a lot of reason to hate, mistrust, and fighting. Having come back to Him in the last few years, sometimes people don't take my faith for all it's worth. I think that others expect me to live the way that I used to. The life that I lead was my own doing, and I know I don't always this love from God and others, but I find that I struggle to pass out what God expects. My prayer has helped me a lot with this, and I find that reading has helped. I found a book called The Power of a Praying Women by Stormie O'Martin that has many wonderful Biblical references and great practical ideas to help me out. OK, so this is a little rambly, but I guess it covers a topic that is so easy to go on about.

So how do we show God's love? It is how we treat others and how we share His word with others. I am working hard to be able to do those things and it's a valuable area for everyone to be a part of. Sharing His love can come out in spending time with friends and family, spending time with people who you don't have see. It's nice to be able to share your time with those that are important to you. What about working at church? Start a project with the kids that go to your church, provide service time helping out your pastor, help organize a community service project with other worshippers. The possibilities are endless!!!

No comments: