Saturday, April 26, 2008

Reactions or rejections?

I have to say that coming back to my Christian faith has been one of the most wonderfuly experiences that last few years, but also has presented some things issues. I am not suggesting that all the things have been bad, but it has provided me with a challenge. Many years ago, I had given up on Christ in my life, thinking it would be easier to follow my own path rather than what He has planned. Little did I know how difficult that would be. It was such a great experience to come back a few years ago, coming back to His word and seeing how I could live to bring joy. I guess the challenge lies in other peoples expectations of me. I love how He so clearly lays out for me how to live, but when people expect me to act a certain way, dress a certain way, etc, that makes it a little more challenging. The people who truly care about me have come around to see the positive change in me, and some of them have even come around to Christ, which as awesome experience. It's still tough to see some of the reactions I have gotten, mostly because they are rejecting God's word. How have others handled this type of reaction to their change or the rejection of God's word?

No comments: